Monday, July 31, 2023

Feet Like Hinds' Feet - Psalms 18:33

In Psalms chapter eighteen David asked, “For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girds me with strength, and makes my way perfect”, and in chapter eighteen and verse thirty-three of Psalms David said, He makes my feet like hinds' feet” where we read,

He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places.

The verse begins, He makes my feet like hinds' feet, ...” David began with the words, “He makes my feet” which means “Jehovah God sets, places and composes my, David's, physical feet” “like hinds' feet” or “similar to physical feet of the doe or deer”. David said Jehovah God placed and put his physical feet like unto the “feet” of a deer.

The verse goes on to say,... and sets me upon my high places. David continued with the words, “and sets me” or “and stands, erects, maintains, appoints and establishes me, David” “upon my high places” which means “on my, David's, elevations and ridges like mountains”. David said Jehovah God appointed and established him upon his mountainous ridges and elevations.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David employed the example of the “feet” of a deer to relay his own experience with God setting his “feet”. Deer are able to run upon high places with great agility, and David knew when he encountered elevated places in his life, he was equipped by God to manage the terrain. God knows there are difficult times that come into our life even as Jesus said, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (See John 16:33) When we put our faith and trust in Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and equip us to manage “heights” and trials. God loves us, and we will praise Him for all eternity for His wonderful provision and care.

Next time David says, He teaches my hands to war, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment