Monday, July 31, 2023

The Shield of God's Salvation - Psalms 18:35

In Psalms chapter eighteen David wrote, It is God that girds me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places. He teaches my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms”, and in chapter eighteen and verse thirty-five of Psalms David said, “you have also given me the shield of your salvation where we read,

You have also given me the shield of your salvation:

and your right hand has held me up, and your gentleness has made me great.

The verse begins, You have also given me the shield of your salvation:” David began with the words, “You have also given me” which means “You, Jehovah God, have even so and indeed provided, bestowed, granted and consecrated to me, David” “the shield” or “the buckler, defense and armed scale” “of your salvation” which means “pertaining to your, Jehovah God's, deliverance, rescue, safety, welfare and prosperity”. David referred to how Jehovah God granted and supplied him with the “defense” of His “deliverance, welfare and prosperity”.

The verse goes on to say,and your right hand has held me up, and your gentleness has made me great. David continued with the words, “and your right hand” or “and your, Jehovah God's, right hand of authority and power” “has held me up” which means “has supported, sustained, established, strengthened and comforted me, David”, “and your gentleness” or “and your, Jehovah God's, humility, meekness and condescension” “has made me great” which means “has enlarged, increased and exceedingly multiplied me, David”. David wrote how the right hand of Jehovah God's authority and power upheld and supported him, and His humility and meekness enlarged and increased David in his life.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover how David depended upon Jehovah God for his defense, support and enlarging. God gives protection and abilities to people, and when they come to Him through believing in His Son Jesus, they will be forgiven of their sins, granted everlasting life and provided with His protection, support and increase. We have an opportunity to know this wonderful God of the Universe, and as we submit to Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, He will avail Himself to us to meet our needs wherever they may be. Let all praise and glory be given unto God for His wonderful provision for mankind.

Next time David says, You have enlarged my steps under me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment