Thursday, July 20, 2023

I Will Bless the LORD - Psalms 16:7

In Psalms chapter sixteen David wrote, “The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup: you maintain my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yes, I have a goodly heritage”, and in chapter sixteen and verse seven David said, “I will bless the LORD” where we read,

I will bless the LORD, who has given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

The verse begins, I will bless the LORD, who has given me counsel: David began with the words, “I will bless the LORD” which means “I, David, will kneel to, adore and salute Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “who has given me counsel” or “who, Jehovah God, has provided, granted and bestowed upon me, David, advice, consult, purpose and plan”. David declared how he would “adore and salute” Jehovah God who provided him with advice, consultation and plan.

The verse continues,my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. David added the words, “my reins” or “my, David's, kidneys which were a metaphor for the seat of emotions and affections” “also instruct me” which means “even so and indeed chasten, admonish and discipline me, David” “in the night seasons” or “within the protective shadow of the nighttime”. David wrote how his “inner emotions and affections” disciplined and admonished him in the nighttime.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David gave adoration to Jehovah God because He gave him advice for his life, and David relied upon his emotions and affections toward the LORD for his goodness in direction. God wants to be intimately involved in our lives, and He knows what is best for us all. When we submit to His plan of salvation through His Son Jesus, He will direct our paths even Solomon wrote in Proverbs chapter three and verses five and six, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.” Let us give praise and honor to Jehovah God who not only provides us with all we obtain, but will direct us in our lives as we commit ourselves to Him.

Next time David says, I have set the LORD always before me, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment