Saturday, July 15, 2023

Counsel and Sorrow of Soul - Psalms 13:2

In Psalms chapter thirteen David asked, “How long will you forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long will you hide your face from me?”, and in Psalms chapter thirteen and verse two David asked, “How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily?” where we read,

How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily?

how long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

The verse begins, How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily?” David began with the words, “How long” which means “until and even unto what length of time” “shall I take counsel in my soul” or “will I, David, put, set, appoint, fix and constitute advise and purpose within my, David's, self, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion and passion”, “having sorrow” which means “holding, owning and possessing grief and anguish” “in my heart daily” or “within my, David's, inner man, mind, will, soul and understanding in the daytime and every day”? David asked for what length of time he was to “set and constitute” advice and purpose within his own soul every day.

The verse goes on to say,how long shall my enemy be exalted over me?” David continued with the words, “how long” or “until and even unto what length of time” “shall my enemy” which means “will my, David's, hating foe and adversary” “be exalted over me” or “be risen, made lofty and set above me, David”? David asked for what length of time would his “hated foe” be raised up and made lofty above him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn more about David's wonder before the LORD God. This time he wanted to know what length of time he was to “consult” with himself every day, and for what length of time his “hated foe” would be given a position above him. David felt alone and had to rely upon his own counsel, and it appeared to him that his adversaries were put in charge and control of him. Neither was true, and even as David expressed his inner feelings, we may do the same with the LORD God. God loves us, and He sees us even when we believe we are our own counselors and our “enemies” seem to be ruling over us. God sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, and He was raise from the dead three days later. Because of this, anyone who yields themselves to Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God. God is with us, is our counselor and reigns over our enemies even when it appears they are in control.

Next time David says, Consider and hear me, O LORD my God, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment