Saturday, July 22, 2023

God Will Hear Me - Psalms 17:6

In Psalms chapter seventeen David asked Jehovah God to, “Hold up my goings in your paths, that my footsteps slip not”, and in chapter seventeen and verse six of Psalms David said,I have called upon you, for you will hear me, O God” where we read,

I have called upon you, for you will hear me, O God: incline your ear unto me, and hear my speech.

The verse begins, I have called upon you, for you will hear me, O God: David began with the words, “I have called upon you” which means “I, David, have cried out, uttered a loud sound, summoned and invited you, Jehovah God”, “for you will hear me” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, shall answer, respond and pay heed to me, David”, “O God” which means “O True One and Supreme judge, ruler and God”. David “cried out” to Jehovah God because he knew God would listen and respond to what he had to say.

The verse continues,incline your ear unto me, and hear my speech. David added the words, “incline your ears unto me” or “stretch out, extend and bend your, Jehovah God's, organ for hearing, uncovering and receiving divine revelation”, “and hear my speech” which means “and answer, respond and pay heed to my, David's, utterance, proclamation and words”. David asked the LORD God Jehovah to bend His “ability to hear” toward him and respond to his words and proclamations.

When we consider the words in this verse, we discover David's appeal to Jehovah to listen to him while he cried out. God loves for people to call upon Him, and when they come to Him through His Son Jesus, they will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with Him. God knows all people have sinned, “for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (See Romans 3:23), and He sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so we could have an intimate relationship with Him. Praise be unto God who is willing to hear us when we call, and may we cry out to Him who desires to listen to us even more than we desire that He do so.

Next time David tells Jehovah God, Show your marvelous lovingkindness, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment