Friday, July 21, 2023

The LORD Always Before Me - Psalms 16:8

In Psalms chapter sixteen David wrote, “I will bless the LORD, who has given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons”, and in chapter sixteen and verse eight of Psalms David said, “I have set the LORD always before me” where we read,

I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

The verse begins, I have set the LORD always before me: David began with the words, “I have set the LORD” which means “I, David, have placed, put and reckoned Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “always before me” or “continually, perpetually and evermore in front or in the sight and presence of me, David”. David declared that he placed Jehovah God in front of him at all times.

The verse goes on to say,because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. David continued with the words, “because he is at my right hand” or “since and on account that he, Jehovah God, exists at my, David's, right hand side of authority, power and influence”, “I shall not be moved” which means “I, David, will at no time and not at all totter, shake, dislodge or be overthrown”. David said the reason he had the “LORD always before” him was because Jehovah God was his power and authority, and this would insure that he would never totter or be overthrown.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David not only treasured the “counsel” of Jehovah God, but he also knew having Jehovah “before” him at all times and at his “right hand” insured that he would never be shaken or overthrown. Jehovah God was David's instructor and protector, and having a relationship with Him was David's priority. God desires to have a personal intimate relationship with every person, and He made this possible through sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins which separated them from Him. When we believe and trust in Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us eternal life, become our counsel through His Holy Spirit to protect us not only in this life but also in the life to come. Let all praise be to Jehovah God who wants us to allow Him to be the source for everything in our lives.

Next time David says, therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment