Wednesday, May 15, 2024

I Will Sing Unto the LORD - Psalms 104:33

In Psalms one hundred four the Psalmist said, “The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in his works. He looked on the earth, and it trembled: he touched the hills, and they smoke”, and in chapter one hundred four and verse thirty-three of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live” where we read,

I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

The verse begins, I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will sing” or “I, the Psalmist, shall make music with my voice” “unto the LORD” which means “to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “as long as I live” or “for all the time that I, the Psalmist, am flowing, fresh, active and lively”. The Psalmist declared that he would make music with his voice for all the time that he is alive.

The verse goes on to say,I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. The Psalmist continued with the words, “I will sing praise” or “I, the Psalmist, shall make music with my voice in celebration” “to my God” which means “toward my, the Psalmist's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “while I have my being” or “during the time I, the Psalmist, own and possess my, the Psalmist's, existence and continuance”. The Psalmist said he would use his voice to make music toward the Divine judge Jehovah God during the time he has his existence and continues to live.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist proclaimed that he would employ his voice to make music toward Jehovah God who is the Divine judge and Supreme God, and as long as he lived, He would make music with his voice in worship and praise of Him. God deserves our praise, honor and glory, and when we understand He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins and believe and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and encourage us to use our voices in songs of honor, worship and glory to Him.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my meditation of him shall be sweet”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment