Wednesday, May 15, 2024

My Sweet Meditation of Jehovah God - Psalms 104:34

In Psalms one hundred four the Psalmist said, “I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being”, and in chapter one hundred four and verse thirty-four of Psalms the Psalmist said, “my meditation of him shall be sweet” where we read,

My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

The verse begins, My meditation of him shall be sweet: The Psalmist began with the words, “my meditation of him” or “ my, the Psalmist's, musing, contemplation and communication pertaining to him, Jehovah God” “shall be sweet” which means “will exist as pleasant and agreeable”. The Psalmist said his musing and contemplation of Jehovah God would be pleasant.

The verse continues,I will be glad in the LORD. The Psalmist added the words, “I will be glad” or “I, the Psalmist, shall exist as exulted, joyful and merry” “in the LORD” which means “within Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist said he would exist in a happy and exulted manner within Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist continued to share about his involvement with Jehovah God. He would think about God, and it would be a pleasant experience. He would be merry within Jehovah God, and his life would be filled with satisfaction and peace. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we surrender to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to muse upon Him to make us merry concerning Him in all we do.

Next time the Psalmist says, “let the sinners be consumed out of the earth”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment