Sunday, June 16, 2024

Compassed with Words of Hatred - Psalms 109:3

In Psalms one hundred nine David said, “Hold not your peace, O God of my praise; For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue”, and in chapter one hundred nine and verse three of Psalms David said, “they compassed me about also with words of hatred” where we read,

They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.

The verse begins, They compassed me about also with words of hatred; David began with the words, “they compassed me about” or “they, the people who spoke against David with a lying tongue, go, walk, surround and circle around me, David” “also with words” which means “even so and indeed by the use of utterances, speeches and language” “of hatred” or “pertaining to exceeding revulsion or accusative hate”. David said the people who were deceitful to him and spoke against him with a lying tongue encircled him with speeches and and utterances filled with hate.

The verse goes on to say, “and fought against me without a cause.” David continued with the words, “and fought” or “and engaged in battle and made war” “against me” which means “in opposition to me, David” “without a cause” or “undeservedly, freely, for nothing and with no purpose”. David said the people who spoke and lied against him also made war with him without having a reason to do so.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David was not only lied about from his foes, but they also spoke in opposition to him with hateful words and made war with him undeservedly. David was under assault, and we may be able to relate to him. Jesus suffered the same from His enemies when He was on the earth, and the end result was they crucified Him. Jesus endured these things because He was paying the penalty of death for the sins of all mankind. When we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and defend us against people who hate and fight against us for no reason at all.

Next time David says, “for my love they are my adversaries”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment