Thursday, June 27, 2024

No Words

When worship reaches highest point

arise no words to say

While basking in the love of God

the sacrifice He gave


Upon the cross He bore my sin

as one among the crowd

beneath the masses gathered there

now humbled and bowed down


My sinful state before my mind

unworthy and undone

for I the least of gathered there

the chief of all bar none


My tears thus falling to the ground

my crown bent more than low

He gently turns to lift my head

and wipes the misty flow


It was for thee I paid the price

He says with gentle voice

for life eternal is my joy

to grant belief by choice


And now thus standing 'ere His throne

for phrases to describe

the love of God so great toward me

thus absent from my life


And all who read these daunting words

among the crowd as well

twas thus for thee He gave His life

that you may also dwell


With speechless voice and bended knee

surrendered now thy heart

and find the Savior close to thee

forgiveness to impart



 

No comments:

Post a Comment