Thursday, June 20, 2024

Weak Knees - Psalms 109:24

In Psalms one hundred nine David said, “I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. I am gone like the shadow when it declines: I am tossed up and down as the locust”, and in chapter one hundred nine and verse twenty-four of Psalms David said, “My knees are weak through fasting” where we read,

My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh fails of fatness.

The verse begins, My knees are weak through fasting; David began with the words, “my knees are weak” or “my, David's, physical knees exist as stumbling, staggering and tottering” “through fasting” which means “by the means of refraining from eating as a spiritual practice”. David said his physical knees used for balancing his body were tottering and stumbling because he was refraining from eating food.

The verse goes on to say, “and my flesh fails of fatness.” David continued with the words, “and my flesh fails” or “and my, David's, physical body has grows lean, dissembled and failing” “of fatness” which means “because of lack of fat in the body”. David said his physical body was becoming thin and gaunt because of the lack of “fat” in his physical body.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David was physically affected by his lack of food. His body did not store any fat because he wasn't eating either from a spiritual or physical standpoint. Affliction and sorrow can affect us physically, and God's Son Jesus identifies with this. Jesus suffered and died on the cross for the sins of all mankind, so when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and be with us as we humbly “fast” and call out to Him regardless of our physical condition.

Next time David says, “I became a reproach unto them”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment