Friday, June 21, 2024

I Will Greatly Praise the LORD - Psalms 109:30

In Psalms one hundred nine David said, “Let my adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle”, and in chapter one hundred nine and verse thirty of Psalms David said, “I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth” where we read,

I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yes, I will praise him among the multitude.

The verse begins, I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth;” David began with the words, “I will greatly praise” or “I, David, shall exceedingly and abundantly laud, give thanks to and revere” “the LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “with my mouth” or “by the use of my, David's, orifice in the face used for drinking, eating and speaking”. David said He would exceedingly give thanks and revere Jehovah God by the use of his “mouth”.

The verse goes on to say, “yes, I will praise him among the multitude.” David continued with the words, “yes, I will praise him” or “even so and indeed I, David, shall laud, give thanks to and revere him, Jehovah God” “among the multitude” which means “in the midst of the numerous, abounding and exceedingly large group of people”. David said he would indeed laud, give thanks and revere Jehovah God in the midst of an exceedingly large group of people.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we see how David declared that he would abundantly laud and give thanks to Jehovah God with his “mouth”, and he would do so among an abundant amount of people. David loved Jehovah God, and God loved Him. David knew when he put himself in the position of “praising” God, he was in the best place he could be. God desires a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, and when we yield our lives to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to join David in giving Him praise, honor and thanks with our mouths and in the presence of large groups of people.

Next time David says Jehovah God, “shall stand at the right hand of the poor”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment