Saturday, June 22, 2024

The LORD Said unto my Lord - Psalms 110:1

Psalms one hundred ten begins with the phrase, [[A Psalm of David.]] which breaks down, “a psalm” or “a melody or poem set to notes” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means beloved and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter one hundred ten and verse one of Psalms David said, “The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand” where we read,

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit you at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.

The verse begins, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit you at my right hand, ...” David began with the words, “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “said unto my Lord” which means “uttered, declared and proclaimed to my, David's, Adonai, master, sovereign, owner and controller”, “sit you at my right hand” or “be seated, remain, abide and stay at my, Jehovah God's, right hand side”. David referred to how Jehovah God proclaimed unto his master for him to be seated and remain at his right side.

The verse continues, “... until I make your enemies your footstool.” David added the words, “until I make” or “till such a time when, I, Jehovah God, cause “your enemies” which means “your, the Lord of David's, hating foes and adversaries” “your footstool” or “your, the Lord of David's, stool upon which a person rests their feet”. David said his “Lord” was instructed by Jehovah God to be seated at his right side till such a time that He caused His hating foes to be a stool upon which He rested His feet.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David knew that his master was instructed by Jehovah God to continue at His right side till such time that His hating foes were put beneath His feet like a “footstool”. Jesus made reference to this scripture in Matthew 22:42-46; Mark 12:35-37 as people were questioning who He was. Because Jesus is the Christ of God, He was sent into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life find ourselves aligned with Jehovah God as He puts Jesus' enemies under His “footstool”.

Next time David says, “The LORD shall send the rod of your strength out of Zion”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment