Friday, June 14, 2024

Moab, Edom and Philistia - Psalms 108:9

In Psalms one hundred eight David said, “God has spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth. Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver”, and in chapter one hundred eight and verse nine of Psalms David shared how, “Moab, Edom and Philistia” are God's where we read,

Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph.

The verse begins, Moab is my washpot; David began with the word, “Moab” whose name means “of his father” and was “the nation descended from the son of Lot” “is my washpot” which means “exists as my, Jehovah God's, caldron, fishhook or pan”. David shared how Jehovah God claimed the country of “Moab” to exist as His caldron or pan.

The verse continues, “over Edom will I cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph.” David added the words, “over Edom” or “above and beyond Edom whose name means red and was the descendants of Esau” “will I cast out my shoe” which means “shall I, Jehovah God, hurl, fling, shed and throw my, Jehovah God's, slipper or sandal”; “over Philistia” or “above and beyond Philistia whose name means land of sojourners” and was “the general territory on the west coast of Canaan or the entire country of Palestine” “will I triumph” which means “shall I, Jehovah God, shout a war-cry or alarm of battle”. David said Jehovah God would wipe His feet upon the land of “Edom”, and He would shout a war-cry over the land of “Philistia”.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David continued to share about other territories over which Jehovah God ruled. “Moab, Edom and Philistia” were also among the places Jehovah God possessed. God loves people, and He gives everyone an opportunity to be in a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus. Jesus was sent into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to be among the people over whom He rules and employs in His Kingdom.

Next time David asks, “who will bring me into the strong city?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment