Thursday, June 20, 2024

Poor and Needy - Psalms 109:22

In Psalms one hundred nine David said, Let this be the reward of my adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul. But do you for me, O GOD the Lord, for your name's sake: because your mercy is good, deliver you me”, and in chapter one hundred nine and verse twenty-two of Psalms David said, “for I am poor and needy” where we read,

For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.

The verse begins, For I am poor and needy, ... David began with the words, “for I am poor” or “because, since and on account that I, David, exist as afflicted, humbled, wretched and weak” “and needy” which means “and in want, subject to oppression and abuse, and in need of help and deliverance from trouble”. David said he was afflicted, humbled and in need of deliverance from trouble.

The verse goes on to say, “... and my heart is wounded within me.” David continued with the words, “and my heart” or “and my, David's, soul, mind, will, desires, living being and seat of emotions and passions” “is wounded within me” which means “exist as profane, defiled, polluted and desecrated inside of me, David”. David said his soul, mind and will were profane and polluted inside of him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David felt about himself. David did not boast about himself, but rather considered himself to be humble, afflicted, wretched and in need of help and deliverance from trouble. David appealed to Jehovah God because he had a relationship with Him, and God desires to have an intimate relationship with every person. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and attend to our needs as we humble ourselves before Him.

Next time David says, “I am gone like the shadow when it declines”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment