Thursday, October 3, 2024

Blessed Be the LORD My Strength - Psalms 144:1

Psalms one hundred and forty four begins with the phrase, “[[A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a poem or melody set to instrumental music or notes” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter one hundred and forty four and verse one of Psalms David said, Blessed be the LORD my strengthwhere we read,

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

The verse begins, Blessed be the LORD my strength, ... David began with the words, “blessed be the LORD” or “praise, salute and congratulations exists Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “my strength” which means “my, David's, rocky wall, block of stone and bolder”. David stated that praise and congratulations is due to Jehovah God who was his block of stone or foundation.

The verse continues, “... which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:” David added the words, “which teaches my hands to war” or “who instructs, trains and exercises my, David's, physical hands of power, might and strength to battle in a hostile encounter”, “and my fingers to fight” which means “and my, David's, physical fingers to make construct and battle”. David acknowledged that Jehovah God gave him the ability and might within his hands in hostile encounters, and He gave David the ability of his physical fingers to go to battle.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David praised and saluted Jehovah God whom He considered the source of his power and might. He knew God instructed his physical hands to engage in hostile encounters, and God gave him the power and might in his “fingers” to go to battle. In other words, Jehovah God was David's protection, defense and instructor in times of “war”. God gives people life, breath and the ability to use their bodies for great and mighty encounters. God gave us life, breath and ability to manage difficult circumstances, and He provided His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind because sin is a battle for everyone. When we surrender our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and empower us to fight our battles with the minds, hands and fingers which “He” provided to us.

Next time David shares about, My goodness, and my fortress, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment