Thursday, October 3, 2024

Cause Me to Hear Your Lovingkindness - Psalms 143:9

In Psalms one hundred and forty three David said to Jehovah God, “Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit fails: hide not your face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear your lovingkindness in the morning; for in you do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto you”, and in chapter one hundred and forty three and verse nine of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemieswhere we read,

Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies: I flee unto you to hide me.

The verse begins, Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies: David began with the words, “deliver me” or “rescue, save and liberate me, David”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “from my enemies” or “separate and apart from my, David's, hating foes and adversaries”. David called upon Jehovah God to rescue him from the people who hated him and were his adversaries.

The verse goes on to say, “I flee unto you to hide me.” David continued with the words, “I flee unto you” or “I, David, run, hurry and make effort toward you, Jehovah God” “to hide me” which means “to clad, conceal, overwhelm and make me, David, hidden”. David ran to Jehovah God so He could conceal him and keep him in secret.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how David beckoned Jehovah God to rescue him from people who were his hated foes and adversaries. He knew if he ran to God, God would protect and defend him. God wants to have this type of relationship with every person who will yield themselves to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and deliver and keep us when we cry out and run to Him.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, Teach me to do your will, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment