Friday, October 4, 2024

My Goodness and My Fortress - Psalms 144:2

In Psalms one hundred and forty four David said, “Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight”, and in chapter one hundred and forty four and verse two of Psalms David shared how Jehovah God was his, goodness, and my fortresswhere we read,

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer;

my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdues my people under me.

The verse begins, My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; David began with the words, “my goodness” or “my, David's, kindness and faithfulness”, “and my fortress” which means “and my, David's, fastness, stronghold, castle and defense”: “my high tower” or “my, David's, heightened refuge, retreat and lofty inaccessible place”, “and my deliverer” which means “and my, David's, salvation, security and cause to escape”. David referred to Jehovah God as His kindness, faithfulness, heightened refuge, salvation and security.

The verse continues, “my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdues my people under me.” David added the words, “my shield” or “my, David's, buckler or small protector like unto the hide of the crocodile”, “and he in whom I trust” which means “and he, Jehovah God, who is the One that I, David, have faith, confidence, seek refuge and protection”; “who subdues my people” or “that beats down, treads in pieces and conquers my, people both male and female” “under me” which means “beneath and subject to me, David”. David said Jehovah God was also the protector that he placed his confidence within and who treads in pieces the human beings who were subject to him.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David knew the attributes of Jehovah God were beneficial to him. God is good, and God is a great source of refuge. He exists above every troubling foe or circumstance, and He will save, rescue and protect anyone who puts their faith and trust in Him. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and share His Divine attributes of protector, Savior and defender with us as we align with His perfect plan and will.

Next time David says, LORD, what is man, that you take knowledge of him!, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment