Friday, October 11, 2024

Praising God While I Live - Psalms 146:2

In Psalms one hundred and forty six the Psalmist said, “Praise you the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul”, and in chapter one hundred forty six and verse two of Psalms the Psalmist said, “while I live will I praise the LORD” where we read,

While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

The verse begins, “While I live will I praise the LORD:. The Psalmist began with the words, “while I live” or “during the time I, the Psalmist, am lively, active, alive, sustaining and maintaining” “will I praise” which means “shall I, the Psalmist, give adoration, thanksgiving, glory and worship to” “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist said during the time he was alive he purposed to give thanksgiving, honor and worship to Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.” The Psalmist added the words, “I will sing praises” or “I, the Psalmist, shall make music of honor, thanksgiving and worship with my voice” “unto my God” which means “toward my, the Psalmist's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God” “while I have any being” or “during the time I, the Psalmist, continue, persist and go around”. The Psalmist declared that he would use his voice to make musical worship to honor Jehovah God for all the time that he existed.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist shared how he would use his entire life to give honor and glory to Jehovah God, and he would employ singing to express his thanksgiving to Him. God loves us, and when we exalt him with our existence and songs, we align ourselves with His desire and passion for our lives. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and inspire us to give Him honor, thanksgiving and worship with our lives, voices and songs for as long as we live on earth and into all eternity.

Next time the Psalmist says, “put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment