Monday, October 7, 2024

Every Day I Will Bless God - Psalms 145:2

In Psalms one hundred and forty five David said, “I will extol you, my God, O king; and I will bless your name for ever and ever”, and in chapter one hundred and forty five and verse two of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, Every day will I bless youwhere we read,

Every day will I bless you; and I will praise your name for ever and ever.

The verse begins, Every day will I bless you; David began with the words, “every day” or “each, the whole, all and everyone of the sunrises to sunsets” “will I bless you” which means “shall I, David, praise, salute, congratulate, adore and thank you, Jehovah God”. David said each and all sunrises and sunrises he would give honor and thanksgiving to Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “and I will praise your name for ever and ever.” David continued with the words, “and I will praise your name” or “and I, David, shall boast, commend, glory and celebrate your, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory” “for ever and ever” which means “unto long duration, futurity, everlasting, perpetually and unto perpetuity”. David declared that he would celebrate and give honor to Jehovah God throughout eternity.

When we meditate upon David's words in this verse, we see how he determined to give praise, honor and thanksgiving to Jehovah God “every day” that he lived, and he was purposed to continue giving adoration to God for all eternity. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins which separated us from a personal relationship with Him. When we yield our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us an opportunity to “bless” Him not only in this life, but also in the eternal life to come.

Next time David says, Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment