Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Attend Unto My Cry - Psalms 142:6

In Psalms one hundred and forty two David said, “I cried unto you, O LORD: I said, You are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse six of Psalms David said attend unto my cry” where we read,

Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low:

deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.

The verse begins, Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: David began with the words, “attend unto my cry” or “hear, be attentive to, heed, hearken and listen to my, David's, entreaty, supplication, proclamation and shout”; “for I am brought very low” which means “because, since and on account that I, David, exist as hanging down, languishing and distressed in a great, sore and exceedingly mighty feebleness”. David appealed to Jehovah God to listen to his ringing shout because he was distressed in an abundantly weak way.

The verse continues, “deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.” David added the words, “deliver me” or “rescue, save and liberate me, David” “from my persecutors” which means “separate and apart from my, David's, pursuers and chasers with hostile intent”; “for they are stronger than I” or “because, since and on account that they, David's persecutors, exist as more courageous, brave, bold, hardened and secure than I, David”. David beckoned Jehovah God to rescue him from people who were hostile and pursued him, and these people were more courageous, brave and stronger than him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David appealed to Jehovah God at the time he was languishing and depressed. David needed to be rescued from people who were not only pursuing him, like Saul, but also because his foes were mightier than him. (See 1 Samuel 24:8-22) God knows when we feel down, and when others who are more powerful than we are pursue us, we desire to be protected and liberated from them. God desires to deliver us from our greatest foe, Satan, who wants to destroy us eternally through sin. God's Son Jesus was sent into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and He offers us salvation, forgiveness and eternal life when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”. Let us “cry out” to God to be “delivered” from our enemies who are stronger than we are but who pale in comparison to the might of Almighty God and His Son Jesus.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, bring my soul out of prison, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment