Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Remembering the Days of Old - Psalms 143:5

In Psalms one hundred and forty three David said his “enemy persecuted his soul”, and “therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate”, and in chapter one hundred and forty three and verse five of Psalms David said I remember the days of old” where we read,

I remember the days of old; I meditate on all your works; I muse on the work of your hands.

The verse begins, I remember the days of old; I meditate on all your works; David began with the words, “I remember” or “I, David, call to mind, bring to remembrance and recall” “the days of old” which means “the division or period from ancient or afore time”; “I meditate” or “I, David, moan, growl, utter, muse, mutter, devise, plot and speak” “upon all your works” which means “on each, every, the whole and everyone of your, Jehovah God's, deeds, acts and things done”. David shared how he recalled ancient times, and how he mused and thought carefully through every one of Jehovah God's acts and deeds.

The verse goes on to say, “I muse on the work of your hands.” David continued with the words, “I muse” or “I, David, ponder, consider and put forth thoughts” “on the work” which means “upon the acts, deeds, business, pursuits, undertakings and enterprise” “of your hands” or “belonging to your, Jehovah God's, hands of might, power and ability”. David shared how he pondered the acts and deeds performed by the might and strength of Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we discover how David brought to mind times when Jehovah God performed acts and deeds on behalf of him and his people. He knew about the workings of God in the past, and this gave him confidence to trust in God in the present. God wants us to know Him, and He gave us His word, the Bible, to reveal Himself to us so we will believe and trust in Him in our present circumstances. God gave us His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and remind us how He has worked in the past so we will trust Him at the present time and in the future.

Next time David says to Jehovah God, I stretch forth my hands unto you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment