Sunday, October 6, 2024

I Will Extol God - Psalms 145:1

Psalms one hundred and forty five begins with the phrase, “[[David's Psalm of praise.]]” which breaks down, “David's” or “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel” “Psalm of praise” which means “a song or hymn of adoration, thanksgiving and glory”, and in chapter one hundred and forty five and verse one of Psalms David said, I will extol you, my Godwhere we read,

I will extol you, my God, O king; and I will bless your name for ever and ever.

The verse begins, I will extol you, my God, O king; David began with the words, “I will extol you” or “I, David, shall exalt, raise up and be lofty to you, Jehovah God”, “my God” which means “my, David's, Divine judge, ruler and Supreme God”, “O king” or “O royal ruler or leader”. David said he would exalt and raise up his Divine ruler and judge, Jehovah God, who is the Royal Ruler.

The verse continues, “and I will bless your name for ever and ever.” David added the words, “and I will bless your name” or “and I, David, shall adore, salute and give honor to your, Jehovah God's, reputation, fame and glory” “for ever and ever” which means “for long duration, unto futurity, perpetually, evermore and unto perpetuity”. David said he would honor and adore Jehovah God's fame, reputation and glory eternally.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David resolved to exalt the Divine judge Jehovah God. He considered God the “Royal Ruler”, and he was determined to honor and adore the reputation, fame and glory of God perpetually. God wants us to have this type of relationship with Him, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins so this would be possible. When we have faith and trust in Jesus as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us an opportunity to exalt and praise Him perpetually and unto all eternity.

Next time David says, Every day will I bless you, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment