Wednesday, October 2, 2024

I Stretch Forth My Hands unto God - Psalms 143:6

In Psalms one hundred and forty three David said, “I remember the days of old; I meditate on all your works; I muse on the work of your hands”, and in chapter one hundred and forty three and verse six of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, I stretch forth my hands unto youwhere we read,

I stretch forth my hands unto you: my soul thirsts after you, as a thirsty land. Selah.

The verse begins, I stretch forth my hands unto you: David began with the words, “I stretch forth my hands” or “I, David, extends and spread out my, David's, physical hands” “unto you” which means “toward you, Jehovah God”. David said he extended his hands toward Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “my soul thirsts after you, as a thirsty land. Selah.” David added the words, “my soul” or “my, David's, heart, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and affections” “thirsts after you” which means “is faint, exhausted and weary for you, Jehovah God”, “as a thirsty land” or “similar and in likeness to a faint, exhausted and weary country, territory, district, region or piece of ground”. “Selah” which means “lift up, exalt and pause to meditate upon this idea”. David said his heart, mind and will was faint and weary for Jehovah God similar to a dry piece of ground in need of water, and this idea is worthy of our meditation.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover David's passionate desire for Jehovah God. He extended his hands toward God in desperation, and he described how his heart and will was like a dry piece of ground in need of water. God knows when we are desperate for Him, and He wants a personal intimate relationship with us through His Son Jesus who came into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and quench our thirst whenever our “souls” are parched and dried. Let us pause and meditate upon this idea.

Next time David says, hear me speedily, O LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment