Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Hear My Prayer, O LORD - Psalms 143:1

Psalms one hundred and forty three begins with the phrase, [[A Psalm of David.]]” which breaks down, “A Psalm” or “a poem or melody set to instrumental music“of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means blessed and was the second king of Israel”, and in chapter one hundred and forty three and verse one of Psalms David said Hear my prayer, O LORD” where we read,

Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications:

in your faithfulness answer me, and in your righteousness.

The verse begins, Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: David began with the words, “hear my prayer” or “listen to, perceive and understand my, David's, intercession and supplication which by implication is a hymn”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God”, “give ear to my supplications” or “hearken, perceive and listen to my, David's, earnest entreaty and prayer”. David called upon Jehovah God to listen to and perceive his earnest oration and entreaty.

The verse goes on to say, “in your faithfulness answer me, and in your righteousness.” David continued with the words, “in your faithfulness” or “within your, Jehovah God's, firmness, fidelity, steadfastness and steadiness” “answer me” which means “utter tunefully and respond to me, David”, “and in your righteousness” or “and within your, Jehovah God's, rightness, justification, salvation and prosperity”. David appealed to Jehovah God to give heed to him in accordance with His fidelity, steadfastness, rightness and salvation.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we discover how David wanted Jehovah God to listen to his earnest intercessions and prayers, and he appealed to Jehovah God to employ His steadfastness and fidelity to hear him. God is righteous and holy, and He desires to have a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus who came into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and listen to us when we earnestly cry out to Him.

Next time David says, enter not into judgment with your servant:, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment