Wednesday, October 2, 2024

My Spirit Overwhelmed - Psalms 143:4

In Psalms one hundred and forty three David said, “the enemy has persecuted my soul; he has smitten my life down to the ground; he has made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead”, and in chapter one hundred and forty three and verse four of Psalms David said “therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me” where we read,

Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.

The verse begins, Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; David began with the words, “therefore is my spirit overwhelmed” or “then, wherefore and on this account my, David's, breath, animation, vivacity and vigor exists as turned aside, feeble, faint and weak” “within me” which means “inside of me, David”. David said because the “enemy persecuted” his “soul”, smote him “down to the ground and caused him to live in darkness like the dead, his vivacity and vigor was made feeble and weak within him.

The verse continues, “my heart within me is desolate.” David added the words, “my heart within me” or “my, David's, soul, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and affections” “is desolate” which means “exists as appalled, deflowered, deserted and awestruck”. David said his soul, mind and will was deserted and awestruck on account of his hating foes.

When we consider David's words in this verse, we learn how his soul, mind and will were adversely affected by his hating adversaries. David felt deserted, but even in this time, He called out for help from Jehovah God. God loved David, and David loved God. God rescued David, and He will rescue us when we believe and trust in His Son Jesus who came into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we yield to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us when our “spirit” is “overwhelmed” and our “hearts are desolate”.

Next time David says, I remember the days of old, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment