Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Bring My Soul Out of Prison - Psalms 142:7

In Psalms one hundred and forty two David said, “I cried unto you, O LORD: I said, You are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I”, and in chapter one hundred and forty two and verse seven of Psalms David said bring my soul out of prison” where we read,

Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise your name: the righteous shall compass me about;

for you shall deal bountifully with me.

The verse begins, Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise your name: the righteous shall compass me about; David began with the words, “bring my soul” or “carry, bring forth and lead my, David's, heart, mind, will, desires, living being, conscience and seat of emotions and affections” “out of prison” which means “from the bonds of the dungeon or fastened and locked place”, “that I may praise your name” or “so I, David, give thanks to, confess, revere and worship your, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory”: “the righteous” which means “the right, just, lawful and correct” “shall compass me about” or “will surround and encompass me, David”. David wanted Jehovah God to deliver him from the dungeon so that he could give Him praise, honor and adoration which would result in people who are just, right and lawful surrounding him.

The verse goes on to say, “for you shall deal bountifully with me.” David continued with the words, “for you shall deal” or “because, since and on account that you, Jehovah God, will recompense, bestow and reward” “bountifully with me” which means “in a great, mighty and beneficial way with David”. David knew “righteous” people would gather around him because God recompensed him in a mighty and beneficial way.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David desired that Jehovah God rescue him from the dungeon like circumstances wherein he found himself. David was in a cave like prison, and should he be delivered by God, he would honor, praise and give thanks to God for His mighty reward. God wants to deliver all of us from the penalty for sin which is death, (See Romans 6:23) and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and rescue us in such a manner that we will give Him thanks and tell others of His mighty rescue.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see David say, Hear my prayer, O LORD, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment