Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Hear Me Speedily, O LORD - Psalms 143:7

In Psalms one hundred and forty three David said to Jehovah God, “I stretch forth my hands unto you: my soul thirsts after you, as a thirsty land”, and in chapter one hundred and forty three and verse seven of Psalms David said to Jehovah God, Hear me speedily, O LORDwhere we read,

Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit fails:

hide not your face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.

The verse begins, Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit fails: David began with the words, “hear me speedily” or “answer, respond and speak to me, David, swiftly, in haste and in a hurried manner”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”: “my spirit fails” or “my, David's, breath, mind, vivacity and vigor is consumed, ended, spent, exhausted and used up”. David called upon Jehovah God to respond to him quickly because his vivacity and vigor were spent and exhausted.

The verse goes on to say, “hide not your face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.” David continued with the words, “hide not your face from me” or “do not conceal, keep close and secret your, Jehovah God's, front, countenance and presence separate and apart from me, David”, “lest I be like unto them” which means “or else and unless I, David, exist similar and in likeness to them, the people whether male or female” “that go down into the pit” or “who descend, sink, march down and decline into the well, cistern, hole, dungeon or prison”. David appealed to Jehovah God not to conceal his countenance from him or otherwise he would be like people who descend into a dungeon or prison.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David called upon Jehovah God to quickly listen to him because his vigor for living was exhausted and spent. He knew if God kept His countenance from him, David would be like people who descend into a well or prison. In other words, David did not want to be abandoned by God. God does not want to leave any person alone, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and accompany us with His Holy Spirit every day of our lives so that we are never abandoned and alone.

Next time David says, Cause me to hear your lovingkindness in the morning, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment