Monday, August 12, 2024

Consider My Affliction - Psalms 119:153

Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and fifty three begins the next section of this chapter with the Hebrew letter “RESH” where the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “consider my affliction, and deliver me” where we read,

Consider my affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget your law.

The verse begins, Consider my affliction, and deliver me: The Psalmist began with the word, “consider my affliction” or “look at, inspect, perceive, see and observe my, the Psalmist's, poverty, misery and trouble”, “and deliver me” which means “and rescue, save and liberate me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to perceive his troubles and rescue him from them.

The verse goes on to say, “for I do not forget your law. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for I do not forget” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, in no way or manner ignore, wither away from, cease to care for, mislay or am oblivious to” “your law” which means “your, Jehovah God's, direction, instruction, custom, manner and codes of law”. The Psalmist said he did not mislay or cease to care for Jehovah God's direction and codes of law.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how he wanted Jehovah God to observe the trouble he incurred, and he wanted to be saved from it. He in no way ignored nor was oblivious to God's law, and He understood the value of following what God had to say. God loves us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and save us in our trouble as we remember His instruction and direction for our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “plead my cause, and deliver me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment