Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Lifting Up My Eyes for Help Psalms 121:1

Psalms one hundred twenty-one begins with the phrase, “[[A Song of degrees.]]” which breaks down “a song” or “a lyrical and musical ode” “of degrees” which means “pertaining to steps, stairs and ascents” and is another song of worship which was sung when the people of Israel ascended to Jerusalem to worship Jehovah God three times a year during the Feast of Passover, at the Feast of Pentecost, and at the Feast of Succoth or Tabernacles, where the Psalmist said, “I will lift up my eyes unto the hills” where we read,

I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from where comes my help.

The verse begins, I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I will lift up my eyes” or “I, the Psalmist, shall raise, bear up, sustain and exalt my, the Psalmist's, physical eyes” “unto the hills” which means “toward the range of mountains or hill country”. The Psalmist shared how he cast his vision upon the risings above the plains or mountain ranges.

The verse continues, “... from where comes my help. The Psalmist added the words, “from where” or “which is the place from which” “comes my help” which means “enters, is attained and enumerated my, the Psalmist's, succor, aid and assistance”. The Psalmist said the range of mountains was the place in which his aid and assistance was attained.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist raised his physical eyes to view the mountain ranges that were beyond him. He knew Jehovah God was responsible for those “hills”, and God was capable of giving him assistance. God is the Creator of the world and everything within it, and as easily as He is able to raise mountains in their places, He is able to give aid to everyone who comes to Him through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we believe and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us aid whenever we have need as we raise our eyes to view Him and His creation.

Next time the Psalmist say, “my help comes from the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment