Saturday, August 17, 2024

My Lips Shall Utter Praise - Psalms 119:171

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “let my cry come near before you, O LORD: give me understanding according to your word. Let my supplication come before you: deliver me according to your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and seventy-one of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “my lips shall utter praise” where we read,

My lips shall utter praise, when you have taught me your statutes.

The verse begins, My lips shall utter praise, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “my lips” or “my, the Psalmist's, physical lips” “shall utter praise” which means “will speak, declare and proclaim adoration, thanksgiving and laud as with a hymn”. The Psalmist declared that he would employ his lips to give laud and adoration to Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “... when you have taught me your statutes. The Psalmist continued with the words, “when you have taught me” or “at the time and moment you, Jehovah God, have instructed, trained and exercised me, the Psalmist” “your statutes” which means “your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, resolves, precepts, boundaries, decrees and appointments”. The Psalmist said he would give Jehovah God “praise” at the time and moment that He instructed Him in His precepts and ordinances.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist vowed to use his physical “lips” to give adoration and thanksgiving to Jehovah God, and he was to do this when God instructed him in His ordinances and precepts. God wants us to know His ways, and He knew we would violate His commandments even through they are perfect. We have therefore sinned against Him, and that is why He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross. Jesus paid the price of death for our sins, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and instruct us in His ways as we use our “lips” to give Him worship and adoration.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “my tongue shall speak of your word” so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment