Saturday, August 17, 2024

Let God's Hand Help Me - Psalms 119:173

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “My lips shall utter praise, when you have taught me your statutes. My tongue shall speak of your word: for all your commandments are righteousness”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and seventy-three of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “let your hand help me” where we read,

Let your hand help me; for I have chosen your precepts.

The verse begins, Let your hand help me; The Psalmist began with the words, “let your hand” or “allow and permit your, Jehovah God's, hand of power, might and ability to” “help me” which means “succor, give aid, assistance and support to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist wanted Jehovah God to give him assistance.

The verse goes on to say, “for I have chosen your precepts. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for I have chosen” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, have elected, selected and joined to” “your precepts” which means “your, Jehovah God's, statutes, commandments and mandates”. The Psalmist said the reason Jehovah God should give him aid is because he elected His commandments and statutes into his life.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we discover his desire to have Jehovah God to give him aid. He elected to have the commandments of God in his life, and this provided a personal relationship with God. God wants to be with us intimately, and when we believe and trust in His Son Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us His Holy Spirit to guide us into a love and appreciation for His “precepts”. Let us give praise, honor and glory to Jehovah God and His Son Jesus for their wonderful compassion to all mankind.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “I have longed for your salvation”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment