Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Plead My Cause and Deliver Me - Psalms 119:154

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “Consider my affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget your law”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and fifty-four of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “plead my cause, and deliver me” where we read,

Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to your word.

The verse begins, Plead my cause, and deliver me: The Psalmist began with the words, “plead my cause” or “strive, contend and conduct a case for my, the Psalmist's, controversy, dispute, quarrel and case at law”, “and deliver me” which means “and redeem, avenge and ransom me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist called upon Jehovah God to contend for and rescue him.

The verse continues, “quicken me according to your word. The Psalmist added the words, “quicken me or “sustain, restore to life and keep me, the Psalmist, alive” “according to your word” which means “in keeping with your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance and commandment”. The Psalmist desired that Jehovah God sustain his life by the use of His speech and command.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we discover how the Psalmist called upon Jehovah God to strive for and provide ransom for him. He wanted God to make him alive in keeping with His command, and with God involved, the Psalmist had nothing about which to worry. God wants to have an intimate relationship with us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins. When we surrender our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and not only be our advocate, but also our deliverer as He gives us life in keeping with what He has said. (See 1 John 2:1)

Next time the Psalmist says, “salvation is far from the wicked”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment