Thursday, August 15, 2024

I Hate and Abhor Lying - Psalms 119:163

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I rejoice at your word, as one that finds great spoil”, and in chapter one hundred and nineteen and verse one hundred and one hundred and sixty three of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I hate and abhor lying” where we read,

I hate and abhor lying: but your law do I love.

The verse begins, I hate and abhor lying: The Psalmist began with the words, “I hate” or “I, the Psalmist, am odious to, as an enemy to and utterly as a foe to” “and abhor” which means “and detest, loathe and regard as abomination” “lying” or “deception, disappointment, falsehood, fraud and wrong”. The Psalmist declared that he was as an enemy to and detested deception and fraud.

The verse goes on to say,but your law do I love. The Psalmist continued with the words, “but your law” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover your, Jehovah God's, direction, instruction, custom, manner and codes of law” “do I love” which means “I, the Psalmist, am fondly affectionate toward”. The Psalmist shared how he was fondly affectionate toward the direction, instruction and customs of Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he was an enemy to and detested deception and falsehood, however, he had great affection toward the direction and commandment of Jehovah God. God loves us, and when He provided His truthful “law” to mankind, He wanted us to “love” what He said. He proved His love toward us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and give us an abhorrence for “lying” and a “love” for His “word”.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “Seven times a day do I praise you” so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment