Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Many Persecutors and Enemies - Psalms 119:157

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Great are your tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to your judgments”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and fifty-seven of Psalms the Psalmist said, “many are my persecutors and my enemies” where we read,

Many are my persecutors and my enemies; yet do I not decline from your testimonies.

The verse begins, Many are my persecutors and my enemies; The Psalmist began with the words, “many are my persecutors” or “great, abounding and numerous exist my, the Psalmist's, pursuers, ones who harass and chasers” “and my enemies” which means “and my, the Psalmist's, hating foes and adversaries”. The Psalmist said the people who harassed and hated him were abundant in number.

The verse goes on to say,yet do I not decline from your testimonies. The Psalmist continued with the words, “yet do I not decline” or “still and even so I, the Psalmist, in no way or manner extend, turn aside and bend down” “from your testimonies” which means “separate and apart from your, Jehovah God's, Divine witnesses”. The Psalmist shared how he in no way turned aside from Jehovah God's Divine witnesses.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he had a great number of adversaries who hated him. He responded by not departing from Jehovah God's Divine witness, and this is the way God wants all of us to respond to adversity. God loves us, and He proved His love by sending His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us to trust in His witness for all eternity.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment