Sunday, August 18, 2024

Longing for God's Salvation - Psalms 119:174

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “Let your hand help me; for I have chosen your precepts”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and seventy-four of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I have longed for your salvation” where we read,

I have longed for your salvation, O LORD; and your law is my delight.

The verse begins, I have longed for your salvation, O LORD; The Psalmist began with the words, “I have longed” or “I, the Psalmist, have passionately desired” “for your salvation” which means “to have, own, possess and obtain your, Jehovah God's, deliverance, rescue and liberation”, “O LORD” or “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist told Jehovah God that he passionately desired his liberation and rescue.

The verse continues, “and your law is my delight. The Psalmist added the words, “and your law” or “and your, Jehovah God's, direction, instruction, custom, manner and code of law” “is my delight” which means “exists as my, the Psalmist's, enjoyment and pleasure”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's direction and instruction was his pleasure and enjoyment.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist passionately desired Jehovah God's rescue and liberation, and he took pleasure in God's command and direction for life. God wants everyone to be passionate for His “salvation”, and He loves when we take pleasure in His codes for living. God loves us, and He proved His love toward us when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and put within us a desire for his “rescue” and a passion for His “law”.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “let my soul live, and it shall praise you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment