Monday, August 12, 2024

Crying with My Whole Heart - Psalms 119:145

Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and forty five begins with the Hebrew letter “KOPH” where the Psalmist said, “I cried with my whole heart” where we read,

I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep your statutes.

The verse begins, I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: The Psalmist began with the words, “I cried with my whole heart” or “I, the Psalmist, called out, proclaimed and uttered a loud sound by the use of my, the Psalmist's, entire, total and complete soul, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and seat of emotions and passions”; “hear me, O LORD” which means “answer, respond, speak and pay attention to me, the Psalmist, O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist referred to how he called aloud with all his soul, mind and will for Jehovah God to respond and pay attention to him.

The verse goes on to say, “I will keep your statutes. The Psalmist continued with the words, “I will keep” or “I, the Psalmist, shall guard, watch over, preserve and observe” “your statutes” which means “your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, limits, resolves and prescribed tasks and portions”. The Psalmist declared how he would guard and take heed to the ordinances and limits of Jehovah God.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he shouted aloud to Jehovah God with all his soul, mind and will because he wanted God to pay attention to him. This caused the Psalmist to vow to observe God's precepts and ordinances. When we have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for the sins of all mankind, we will be forgiven of our sins, inherit everlasting life and be taught to observe His precepts every day of our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “I cried unto you; save me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment