Sunday, August 4, 2024

Accept the Freewill Offerings of My Mouth - Psalms 119:108

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto your word”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and eight of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “accept … the freewill offerings of my mouth” where we read,

Accept, I beseech you, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me your judgments.

The verse begins, “Accept, I beseech you, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “accept, I beseech you” or “be pleased with, favorable to and determined to satisfy, I, the Psalmist, pray to, plead with and entreat you, Jehovah God”, “the freewill offerings” which means “the voluntary, spontaneous, plentiful willing gift and sacrifice” “of my mouth” or “belonging to my, the Psalmist's orifice in the face used for drinking, eating and speaking”, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to receive the voluntary and spontaneous gifts from his “mouth”.

The verse continues, “... and teach me your judgments. The Psalmist added the words, “and teach me” or “and instruct, guide, train and exercise me, the Psalmist, within” “your judgments” which means “your, Jehovah God's, justice, ordinance, seat of judgment, process , procedure and litigation”. The Psalmist beckoned Jehovah God to instruct him within His processes, procedures and litigations.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he wanted Jehovah God to receive the voluntary gifts from his “mouth”, and he desired that God instruct him according to His ordinances and commands. God knows what is best for our lives, and when we understand that He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, we can humble ourselves, repent of our sins and receive Jesus as our personal “Savior and Lord”. God will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and instruct us in His way while we give Him voluntary praises from our “mouths”.

Next time the Psalmist says, “my soul is continually in my hand”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment