Tuesday, August 6, 2024

God is My Hiding Place - Psalms 119:114

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I hate vain thoughts: but your law do I love”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and fourteen the Psalmist said, “you are my hiding place and my shield” where we read,

You are my hiding place and my shield: I hope in your word.

The verse begins, “You are my hiding place and my shield: The Psalmist began with the words, “you are my hiding place” or “you, Jehovah God, exist as my, the Psalmist's, covering, shelter and secret place of protection” “and my shield” which means “and my, the Psalmist's, buckler or protector for defense”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God existed as his secret place of security and protection.

The verse continues, “I hope in your word. The Psalmist added the words, “I hope” or “I, the Psalmist, have expectation and patience” “in your word” which means “within your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business, occupation, manner and acts”. The Psalmist said he put his expectation within Jehovah God's utterances, manner and acts.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he knew Jehovah God was his secret place of security, and he put his faith, trust and “hope” within the utterance and speech of Jehovah God. God desires to have this type of relationship with all of us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of everyone. When we believe and trust in Him as our “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and become our protection and provision as we put our “hope” in what He has declared.

Next time the Psalmist says, “depart from me, you evildoers”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment