Friday, August 2, 2024

God's Commandments Made Me Wiser - Psalms 119:98

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “O how love I your law! it is my meditation all the day”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse ninety-eight of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “you through your commandments have made me wiser” where we read,

You through your commandments have made me wiser than my enemies: for they are ever with me.

The verse begins, You through your commandments have made me wiser than my enemies: The Psalmist began with the words, “you through your commandments” or “you, Jehovah God, by way of your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, precepts and laws” “have made me wiser” which means “have caused me, the Psalmist, to exist as exceedingly more wise and acting with greater instruction” “than my enemies” or “opposed to my, the Psalmist's, hating foes and enemies”. The Psalmist said he became more wise than his hating foes by way of the ordinances and precepts of Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “for they are ever with me. The Psalmist added the words, “for they” or “because, since and on account that they, the commandments of Jehovah God” “are ever with me” which means “exist from long duration, antiquity, futurity, perpetually and forevermore”. The Psalmist said the laws and ordinances of Jehovah God exist with Him forever.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist knew the direction and instruction of Jehovah God caused him to be much greater at acting upon his knowledge than people who were his hating foes. God's “commandments” were always with the Psalmist, and they can be with us as well. God loves us, gave us His instruction for life and allowed His Only Begotten Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins so we can life forever with Him. When we put our faith and trust in Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and teach us the importance of keeping His ever present word to help us live the best life possible not only in this world, but also in Heaven to come.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have more understanding than all my teachers”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment