Saturday, August 3, 2024

More Understanding than My Teachers - Psalms 119:99

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “You through your commandments have made me wiser than my enemies: for they are ever with me”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse ninety-nine of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I have more understanding than all my teachers” where we read,

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for your testimonies are my meditation.

The verse begins, I have more understanding than all my teachers: The Psalmist began with the words, “I have more understanding” or “I, the Psalmist, own, possess and hold greater and more abundant prudence, circumspection and wisdom” “than all my teachers” which means “compared to each, every, the whole and everyone of my, the Psalmist's, instructors, educators and trainers”. The Psalmist shared how he was greater in prudence and wisdom then every one of his instructors and educators.

The verse goes on to say, “for your testimonies are my meditation. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for your testimonies” or “because, since and on account that your, Jehovah God's, Divine witnesses” “are my meditation” which means “exist as my, the Psalmist's, reflection, devotion, musing and study”. The Psalmist said the reason he had “more understanding than all” his “teachers” was because he kept the Divine witness of Jehovah God as his devotion and musing.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist understood that he lived in a manner that was much “wiser” than his instructors, and the reason for this was because he allowed the Divine witness of Jehovah God to be his devotional. God wants us to “meditate” in His word, and the idea of “meditation” is to “chew the cud” like a cow that eats grass, regurgitates it, chews it again and repeats the process over and over again. When we think about Jehovah God's desire to have a personal intimate relationship with us through His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, we understand that He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and help us by His Holy Spirit to keep His Divine witness as our devotion and musings at all times.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I understand more than the ancients”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment