Monday, August 5, 2024

God's Testimonies as a Heritage - Psalms 119:111

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “the wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from your precepts”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and eleven of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “your testimonies have I taken as an heritage” where we read,

Your testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

The verse begins, “Your testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: The Psalmist began with the words, “your testimonies” or “your, Jehovah God's, Divine witnesses” “have I taken as an heritage” which means “have I, the Psalmist, acquired, been allotted and possessed an inheritance” “for ever” or “for long duration, unto futurity, perpetually, everlasting and always”. The Psalmist shared how he acquired Jehovah God's Divine witnesses unto perpetuity and always.

The verse goes on to say, “for they are the rejoicing of my heart. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for they” or “because, since and on account that they, Jehovah God's Divine witnesses” “are the rejoicing” which means “exist as the gladness, exultation and joy” “of my heart” or “belonging to my, the Psalmist's, soul, mind, will, desires, conscience, living being and the seat of emotions and passions”. The Psalmist said he took Jehovah God's Divine witnesses as an “heritage” because they caused his soul, mind and will to be filled with joy.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist valued the “Divine witnesses” of Jehovah God, and they were so important to him, that they were the cause of joy of his soul. God loves when we put such importance upon His word, and when we realize He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, we should surrender to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”. God will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and cause His “witnesses” to be the joy of our souls.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “I have inclined my heart to perform your statutes”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment