Monday, August 5, 2024

The Wicked Have Laid a Snare for Me - Psalms 119:110

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget your law”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and ten of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the wicked have laid a snare for me” where we read,

The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from your precepts.

The verse begins, “The wicked have laid a snare for me: The Psalmist began with the words, “the wicked” or “the criminal, guilty of crimes and hostile to God” “have laid a snare” which means “have put, set, produced, appointed, assigned and designated a trap, plot or source and agent of calamity” “for me” or “on behalf of me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said people who were criminals and hostile to God set a trap for him.

The verse continues, “yet I erred not from your precepts. The Psalmist added the words, “yet I erred not” or “ still I, the Psalmist, in no way or manner wandered, went astray, staggered and was mislead” “from your precepts” which means “separate and apart from your, Jehovah God's, statutes, commandments, mandates and laws”. The Psalmist said he in no way staggered and went astray from Jehovah God's commandments and laws.

When we think through the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how there were people who were ungodly and criminal who set a trap for him, but he did not wander from the laws of God. God gave us His law to protect and provide for us, and when He sent His Son into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, we have the opportunity to avoid eternal separation from Him by believing and trusting in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”. God wants to forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and keep us from straying from His commandments with His Holy Spirit guiding us into all truth as He empowers us to keep His statutes.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “your testimonies have I taken as an heritage”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment