Monday, August 5, 2024

Inclining My Heart to Perform God's Statutes - Psalms 119:112

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “Your testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and twelve of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I have inclined my heart to perform your statutes” where we read,

I have inclined my heart to perform your statutes alway, even unto the end.

The verse begins, “I have inclined my heart to perform your statutes alway, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I have inclined my heart” or “I, the Psalmist, have stretched out, extended and bent my, the Psalmist's, soul, mind, will, desires, living being, conscience and seat of emotions and passions” “to perform” which means “to fashion, accomplish, make, produce and do” “your statutes always” or “your, Jehovah God's, ordinances, prescribed tasks, portions, limits and boundaries for long duration, futurity, everlasting, evermore, perpetually and unto continuous existence”. The Psalmist shared how he bent his soul toward doing the the prescribed tasks and boundaries of Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “... even unto the end. The Psalmist added the words, “even unto” or “indeed and also to” “the end” which means “to the consequence, gain and reward”. The Psalmist said he purposed to observe and produce the boundaries and limits of Jehovah God unto perpetuity.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist bent his soul toward the commandments and ordinances of Jehovah God. God's design for us is to live forever with Him, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we yield to Him as our “LORD and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and teach us to bend our hearts toward His “statutes” for all eternity.

Next time we begin the next section of chapter one hundred nineteen in Psalms with the Hebrew letter, “SAMECH” where the Psalmist says, “I hate vain thoughts”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment