Sunday, August 4, 2024

God's Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet - Psalms 119:105

Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and five of Psalms begins the next section in this chapter with the Hebrew letter “NUN” where the Psalmist said, “your word is a lamp unto my feet” where we read,

Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The verse begins, “Your word is a lamp unto my feet, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “your word” or “your, Jehovah God's, speech, utterance, business, manner and acts” “is a lamp” which means “exists as a candle or glistening and burning light” “unto my feet” or “to my, the Psalmist's, physical feet or pathway”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's utterances and acts exist as a glistening light to his walking path.

The verse goes on to say, “... and a light unto my path. The Psalmist continued with the words, “and a light” or “and a happy, bright and clear illumination” “unto my path” which means “to my, the Psalmist's, byway, pathway and traveled way”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God's word also illuminated the way that he traveled.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we discover the benefit of having Jehovah God's utterances and acts within his life. Wherever he traveled, the word of God was his guide, and God offers what He has to say to everyone. He desires a personal relationship with us through His Son Jesus who was sent into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind. When we surrender our lives to Him, not only will He forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life, but He will also guide us wherever we go with His precious “word”.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have sworn, and I will perform it”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".









 

No comments:

Post a Comment