Friday, August 2, 2024

I am God's - Psalms 119:94

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I will never forget your precepts: for with them you have quickened me”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse ninety-four of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I am yours, save me” where we read,

I am yours, save me; for I have sought your precepts.

The verse begins, I am yours, save me; The Psalmist began with the words, “I am yours” or “I, the Psalmist, exists as yours, Jehovah God's”, “save me” which means “rescue, deliver and liberate me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist said he belonged to Jehovah God, and for this reason, he wanted to be delivered and rescued by Him.

The verse continues, “for I have sought your precepts. The Psalmist added the words, “for I have sought” or “because, since and on account that I, the Psalmist, resorted to, inquired of and required” “your precepts” which means “your, Jehovah God's, statutes, commandments and mandates”. The Psalmist shared how he resorted to the commandments of Jehovah God as the reason he wanted to be “rescued” by Him.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist knew he belonged to Jehovah God, and he knew he could appeal to Him for deliverance. He resorted to and inquired of God's commandments and direction for his life, and this was his reason for being rescued. God wants us to long after Him, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind to have a personal relationship with us. When we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and inspire us to resort to His commandments and direction for how to live in the world.

Next time the Psalmist says, “the wicked have waited for me to destroy me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment