Thursday, August 1, 2024

Never Forgetting God's Precepts - Psalms 119:93

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, Unless your law had been my delights, I should then have perished in my affliction, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse ninety-three of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will never forget your precepts” where we read,

I will never forget your precepts: for with them you have quickened me.

The verse begins, I will never forget your precepts: The Psalmist began with the words, “I will never forget” or “I, the Psalmist, shall in no way or manner ever ignore, cease to care, mislay or not give attention to” “your precepts” which means “your, Jehovah God's, statutes, appointments and mandates”. The Psalmist referred to how he would not at any time ignore or cease to care for Jehovah God's statutes and mandates.

The verse goes on to say, “for with them you have quickened me. The Psalmist continued with the words, “for with them” or “because, since and on account that alongside them, the precepts of Jehovah God” “you have quickened me” which means “you, Jehovah God, have sustained, restored to life and caused me, the Psalmist, to remain alive”. The Psalmist said Jehovah God sustained his life by the use of His mandates and statutes.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we discover how important the mandates of God were to him. He vowed not to cease to care for them, and his love for God's law kept him alive. God gave us His “commandments” to provide for and protect us, and when we yield our lives to His Son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and remind of His “law” to sustain us every day of our lives.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “I am yours, save me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment