Friday, August 2, 2024

The Wicked Waiting to Destroy Me - Psalms 119:95

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “I am yours, save me; for I have sought your precepts”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse ninety-five of Psalms the Psalmist said, “the wicked have waited for me to destroy me” where we read,

The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider your testimonies.

The verse begins, The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: The Psalmist began with the words, “the wicked” or “the criminal, guilty of crimes, ungodly and hostile to God” “have waited for me” which means “have looked for, expected and lingered on behalf of me, the Psalmist” “to destroy me” or “to make go astray and perish me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist referred to the way criminal and ungodly people eagerly lingered to make him perish.

The verse goes on to say,but I will consider your testimonies. The Psalmist continued with the words, “but I will consider” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, the Psalmist, shall discern, perceive, understand and know” “your testimonies” which means “your, Jehovah God's, Divine witness and laws”. The Psalmist said he would perceive and understand the Divine witness and laws of Jehovah God.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how ungodly people who were hostile to Jehovah God expected to make the Psalmist perish. His response was to discern and know the laws of God, and by resorting to them, he would keep himself protected from the ungodly. God created us, knows us and desires for us to have a personal intimate relationship with Him through His Son Jesus. When we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and protect us through His word from the ungodly who desire to “destroy” us.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I have seen an end of all perfection”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment