Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Justice and Judgment Done - Psalms 119:121

Psalms one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and twenty one begins the next section of this chapter with the Hebrew letter “AIN” where the Psalmist said, “I have done judgment and justice” where we read,

I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to my oppressors.

The verse begins, “I have done judgment and justice: The Psalmist began with the words, “I have done judgment” or “I, the Psalmist, have fashioned, accomplished, made and produced justice, ordinance, process, procedure, litigation and act of deciding a case” “and justice” which means “and rightness, justness, law and vindication”. The Psalmist shared how he produced and performed justice and procedures while he acted to decide a case.

The verse goes on to say, “leave me not to my oppressors. The Psalmist continued with the words, “leave me not” or “do not repose, depart and abandon me, the Psalmist” “to my oppressors” which means “to my, the Psalmist's, violators, wrongdoers and people who defraud and deceive him”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God not to abandon him to the people who defraud and deceive him.

When we consider the Psalmist's words in this verse, we learn how he performed that which was just when deciding a case for vindication, and he wanted Jehovah God not to abandon him to people who defrauded him. We can understand the Psalmist's thoughts concerning himself and his desire when we realize God loves us and proved it when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins. God invites us to believe and trust in Jesus as our personal “Lord and Savior”, and when we do, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and protect us eternally from people who violate us and do us wrong.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “be surety for your servant for good”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment