Friday, August 9, 2024

Look Upon Me and Be Merciful - Psalms 119:132

In Psalms one hundred nineteen the Psalmist said, “I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for your commandments”, and in chapter one hundred nineteen and verse one hundred and thirty-two of Psalms the Psalmist said to Jehovah God, “ look you upon me, and be merciful unto me” where we read,

Look you upon me, and be merciful unto me, as you used to do unto those that love your name.

The verse begins, “Look you upon me, and be merciful unto me, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “look you upon me” or “Jehovah God gaze, behold, regard and have respect to me, the Psalmist”, “and be merciful unto me” which means “and exist as gracious, favorable, pitiful and compassionate to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist appealed to Jehovah God to behold him and extend his grace and favor toward him.

The verse continues, “... as you used to do unto those that love your name. The Psalmist added the words, “as you used to do” or “even and indeed similar and in likeness to the way, you, Jehovah God, previously judged, decided a case and processed” “unto those that love your name” which means “to the people whether male or female who have affection for your, Jehovah God's, fame, reputation and glory”. The Psalmist desired that Jehovah God be favorable and gracious to him in the manner that He previously was toward people who were affectionate for His fame, reputation and glory.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how the Psalmist wanted Jehovah God to observe and be gracious to him in a similar manner that He previously did to people who were affectionate for His reputation and glory. God wants to bless all people through His Son Jesus, and when we yield our lives to Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and observe while He extends His mercy and favor to us.

Next time the Psalmist says to Jehovah God, “order my steps in your word”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment